Each page in the clients frontend has some specific parts or elements, which are needed to build the code markup, which is later rendered in the user's browser.
- On top of the page there is a layout.
- You can define custom spaces in that layout, which later are filled dynamically. These spaces are called container.
- To fill the container with data, you need to write a module, which you must assign to the container. Within this modules, you might use some content types.
- A module can be assigned to a container using a template. In the template configuration you must set, which module is used in which container. A container without an assigned module does not produce any code and is still empty.
- A template with it's configuration has to be assigned to the article, you want to render. You can assign a template to a whole category - then all articles use uses this template. You can also assign a template to a single article. If an article and a category have assigned templates, the template of the article is used.